WHAT WE DO
Disability Royal Commission Advocacy
The Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability was established in April 2019 in response to community concern about widespread reports of violence, abuse, neglect, abuse and exploitation of people with disability.
Speaking Up For You have a team of Advocates who deliver advocacy support to people affected by the Disability Royal Commission.
They can assist by:
- Informing people about the Disability Royal Commission
- Helping people understand the purpose of the Disability Royal Commission
- Helping people work out whether they want to participate in the Disability Royal Commission
- Helping people who want to participate in the Disability Royal Commission plan the best way to tell their story
- Helping people communicate with the Disability Royal Commission about required communication supports such as interpreters, accessible interview techniques and recordings
- Referring people to other agencies for ongoing counselling and/or psychological support as needed
You can contact our office by calling 07 3255 1244 between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday, or by emailing Speaking Up For You at email@example.com.
Legal Advisory Service
A free legal advisory service is available to help you interact with the Disability Royal Commission. This service is independent from the Royal Commission.
Counselling and Support